- Boards & Commissions
- City Hall
- Code Compliance
- Financial Reports & Budgets
- Human Resources
- Town Council
- Meeting Agendas & Minutes
- Open Records
- Payment Options
- Building Permits & Inspections
- New Resident Resources
- Frequently Called Numbers
- New Page
- Contact Us
Sewer lining - May 13, 2019
Sewer lining crew will be working today 5/13 on 1st and Race going toward Market St. [more...]
Peddlers - April 23, 2019
White County has granted peddler permits to three salespersons from White Oak Construction. Ask f... [more...]
Leaf Bags - reminder! - April 12, 2019
Bagged leaves and grass clippings must not weigh over 40 lb. per Town ordinance. Thanks for your ... [more...]
Sewer lining - April 03, 2019
Sewer lining today 4/3 in trailer park area, and 3rd St. west of Market [more...]
5K/10K Run at Food Fest - April 03, 2019
Run to benefit White County Special Olympics. For info call First Baptist Church 219 253-6312 or ... [more...]
Sewer lining info - March 20, 2019
IWPC is currently under contract to reconstruct certain troubled main line sewers in your area.&n... [more...]
Sewer Lining - March 20, 2019
Sewer lining has begun in Monon. Look for yellow door tags with instructions that will be p... [more...]
Utility Bill help - April 04, 2018
White County residents with a fixed or low income may be eligible for energy assistance through A... [more...]
The Town of Monon City Secretary performs many duties vital to the daily operations of City Hall. Listed below you will find many of the duties performed.
- Record and edit the minutes of meetings and distribute to appropriate officials or staff members.
- Respond to requests for information from the public, other municipalities, state officials, or state and federal legislative offices.
- Perform general office duties, typing or proofreading correspondence, distributing or filing official forms, or scheduling appointments.
- Issue public notification of all official activities or meetings.
- Collaborate with other staff to assist in the development and implementation of goals, objectives, policies, or priorities.
- Plan and direct the maintenance, filing, safekeeping, and computerization of all municipal documents.
- Prepare meeting agendas or packets of related information.
- Perform budgeting duties, such as assisting in budget preparation, expenditure review, or budget administration.
- Prepare ordinances, resolutions, or proclamations so that they can be executed, recorded, archived, or distributed.
- Maintain fiscal records and accounts.
- Serve as a notary of the public.
- Maintain and update documents, such as municipal codes or city charters.
- Issue various permits and licenses, such as marriage, fishing, hunting, or dog licenses, and collect appropriate fees.
- Prepare reports on civic needs.
- Provide assistance with events, such as police department auctions of abandoned automobiles.
422 N. Market St.