- Boards & Commissions
- City Hall
- Code Compliance
- Financial Reports & Budgets
- Human Resources
- Town Council
- Meeting Agendas & Minutes
- Open Records
- Payment Options
- Building Permits & Inspections
- New Resident Resources
- Frequently Called Numbers
- New Page
- Contact Us
Santa Claus is coming to Monon! - December 16, 2017
Today! Bring your camera for pics with Santa! Civic Center 11:30-12:30 and following the pa... [more...]
Monon Christmas Parade - December 16, 2017
Today! 1 pm Begins at HS and travels south down Market Street! [more...]
Monon Christmas Festivities - December 16, 2017
Today!!! Christmas Bazaar 10 - 3 in the Civic Center. Crafts, baked goods, entertainment! [more...]
Necesidad Monon Miembro - December 06, 2017
Necesidad Monon miembro del Consejo de la ciudad. Si esta interesado, pongase en contacto 219 253... [more...]
Need Council Member - December 06, 2017
Monon Town Council needs a new member. If interested, contact Town Hall 219 253-6441 by 12-14-17. [more...]
Area Plan Commission - November 22, 2017
Individual needed to represent Monon on the White County Area Plan Commission. If interested, p... [more...]
Monon Leaves/Brush Pick Up - November 07, 2017
Leaves must be bagged and left where your trash is normally picked up. Crew will pick up daily ... [more...]
Monon Christmas Parade - October 13, 2017
Dec. 16th 1:00 pm Registration forms now available at the Town Hall! [more...]
Grant award! - October 12, 2017
The Town of Monon has been awarded $550,000 from the Office of Community & Rural Affairs (OCRA) f... [more...]
Grant Award - September 22, 2017
Monon is a recipient of a Community Crossings grant for street paving! [more...]
The Town of Monon City Secretary performs many duties vital to the daily operations of City Hall. Listed below you will find many of the duties performed.
- Record and edit the minutes of meetings and distribute to appropriate officials or staff members.
- Respond to requests for information from the public, other municipalities, state officials, or state and federal legislative offices.
- Perform general office duties, typing or proofreading correspondence, distributing or filing official forms, or scheduling appointments.
- Issue public notification of all official activities or meetings.
- Collaborate with other staff to assist in the development and implementation of goals, objectives, policies, or priorities.
- Plan and direct the maintenance, filing, safekeeping, and computerization of all municipal documents.
- Prepare meeting agendas or packets of related information.
- Perform budgeting duties, such as assisting in budget preparation, expenditure review, or budget administration.
- Prepare ordinances, resolutions, or proclamations so that they can be executed, recorded, archived, or distributed.
- Maintain fiscal records and accounts.
- Serve as a notary of the public.
- Maintain and update documents, such as municipal codes or city charters.
- Issue various permits and licenses, such as marriage, fishing, hunting, or dog licenses, and collect appropriate fees.
- Prepare reports on civic needs.
- Provide assistance with events, such as police department auctions of abandoned automobiles.
422 N. Market St.